Tevez heading back to City
Updated Tuesday, 14th February 2012
Carlos Tevez is expected to report back at Manchester City's training ground this afternoon, Press Association Sport understands.
The Argentinian is thought to be arriving back in Manchester today and travelling to Carrington for around 5pm. The 28-year-old has been in Argentina without the club's permission since November but has now said he wants to resume his City career.
Tevez, who was frustrated in his bid to secure a transfer last month, said in a TV interview yesterday that "the most important thing for me is to return to get fit".
Tevez has not played for City since the infamous Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich in September, when he was accused of refusing to warm up.
Manager Roberto Mancini initially said Tevez was "finished" at City as a result, but has recently appeared open to the possibility of the striker playing for the club again. Mancini, however, has previously stated Tevez would need to apologise to be considered for selection.
Tevez also said in his interview with Fox Sports in Argentina: "I do not think I was wrong, but if they [the club] think so I apologise.
" I am ready to return, to win and do the best for the club's shirt."
There have also been suggestions Tevez could drop his appeal to the Premier League against his fine of six weeks' wages - thought to be around ?1.2million - to ease his reintegration.
City have not yet responded to the Fox interview, which also included a claim from Tevez that Mancini treated him "like a dog" in Munich.
Tevez said Mancini had been angered by the reaction of striker Edin Dzeko to being substituted when the controversial incident involving him occurred.