Man City v Stoke
By BBC Sport
Updated Friday, 12th February 2010
The tie in context
• This is one of two fifth round ties that will guarantee at least a couple of the nine remaining Premier League survivors a place in the quarter-finals.
• Stoke are one of five clubs still alive in the competition, who have never won the FA Cup.
Gulf in class
• Stoke are seven places lower than Manchester City in the Premier League table.
• These clubs have already met at Eastlands on Boxing Day, and the home side picked up all three points.
Man City 2-0 Stoke (Prem Lge, 26 Dec)
• City have won five of their last six meetings with Stoke (all league games).
FA Cup records and best performances
• These clubs have been drawn to meet each other five times previously in the competition.
• All five ties were resolved at the first time of asking, with Stoke leading by three wins to two.
• Won nine and lost three of the last 12 in league and cup, failing to score in only one of them.
• Emmanuel Adebayor has scored in each of the Citizens' last three matches.
• Won the last eight at home, and not lost in any of their 16 at the City of Manchester Stadium this season.
FA Cup form
• The four-times winners have made only two quarter-final appearances in 16 years, and they were back-to-back in 2006 and 2007.
• This is their first home tie in this cup run, after victories at Championship clubs Middlesbrough and Scunthorpe.
• Yet to lose in 2010.
• Undefeated in seven (W4, D3).
• Drawn their last two on the road, but not won in eight league and cup games away from the Britannia Stadium.
FA Cup form
• Arsenal's conquerors are looking to knockout fellow Premier League opposition for the second round running.
• Appearing in the fifth round for the first time in four years, but not made the last eight since reaching the semi-finals for the second season in a row in 1972.
Wednesday, 24 February 2010 (Kick off: 1945 GMT)
Referee: Mark Clattenburg (Tyne & Wear)
Assistant referees: Simon Beck & Mick McDonough
Fourth official: Peter Walton
Source: BBC Sport
|12 Feb 2010|
|Bridge ready for England duty|
|11 Feb 2010|
|Ireland blames slump on Hughes|
|09 Feb 2010|
|Team line-ups v Bolton Wanderers|
|08 Feb 2010|
|Bellamy poised to miss out|
|All The Midweek Barclays Premier League Team News|
|07 Feb 2010|
|No complaints from City boss|
|06 Feb 2010|
|Team line-ups v Hull City|