Manchester City have reportedly had a £41m bid accepted by Bournemouth for Dutch defender Nathan Ake.
The news comes after the Cityzens were said to have reached an agreement for highly-rated Valencia midfielder Ferran Torres on Wednesday night in a potential €35m deal.
BBC Sport reporter Kris Temple first broke the news of City's accepted approach for Ake by the Cherries, with Fabrizio Romano confirming that the two clubs have found an agreement.
Man City have found an agreement to sign Nathan Aké from Bournemouth.— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) July 30, 2020
€43M will be the fee - paperworks time to complete the deal.
Pep wants him after problems for Koulibaly (Man City are still angry with Napoli because of Jorginho/Chelsea deal two years ago) ? #MCFC #transfers
Ake has impressed at the heart of the Bournemouth defence ever since he made his initial loan move at the Vitality Stadium permanent in 2017, joining from Chelsea in a £20m deal.
The Dutchman's made 121 appearances on the south coast, scoring 11 times, but the club's demise to the Championship means it was inevitable that the talented centre-back would depart this summer.
Both Manchester clubs had emerged as potential destinations for the 25-year-old, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer caught flirting with the Dutchman after United's 5-2 victory over the Cherries earlier this month. The United boss was alleged to have said "We need a left-footed centre-back, so keep going," to Ake after the game.
However, it seems that City - who are set to splash serious cash this summer - have won the race for the Bournemouth man as Pep Guardiola attempts to shore up a vulnerable defence.
Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly emerged as a potential replacement for Vincent Kompany but due to the club's history with the Neapolitans and the manner in which the Italian club went about negotiations with City for Jorginho back in 2018, the Cityzens are yet to pursue a deal for the Senegalese international.
Nevertheless, it appears that even with the potential addition of Ake, City's business may not be over in the centre-back market. Instead of being a bona fide starter alongside Aymeric Laporte, Ake is set to play second fiddle to the Frenchman.
The Dutchman has almost exclusively played as a left centre-back throughout his senior career and it's incredibly rare to see two left-footed centre-halves partner alongside one another in defence.
Watch this space.
Source : 90min